[dropcap style=”font-size: 60px; color: #A26D42;”] T [/dropcap]he Evansville Habitat for Humanity will be dedicating a new home to a wonderful family on December 7th. The home is located at 206 S. Grand Avenue, just south of the Lloyd Expressway and West of 41. It’s going to be a celebration and an Open House, so all are welcome!
[quote type=”center”]What you don’t know about Evansville Habitat For Humanity. [/quote]
- Habitat homes are not given away, the recipients must pay a mortgage based on a 25 year no interest loan.
- Home recipients must donate 300+ hours of sweat equity into their home.
- Because of Habitat, in 2013, there was $1 MILLION in property taxes paid to the city of Evansville.
- Since 1984 over 400 families have directly benefited from Habitat.
- Last week, the dedication was for Habitat’s first ever 2 bedroom home.
Ready to get involved? Visit their website here http://www.evansvillehabitat.org/ From their website you can apply for a home, donate, and volunteer no the next build. Thanks to everyone who help make the Evansville Habitat for Humanity a success, which strengthens our Evansville community.